|Caring for your lacquer board furniture|
|Tags: board furniture, wood, lacquer|
Here are some useful notes on caring for wooden board furniture in lacquer finishes.
Most of the wooden board furniture are polished with protective lacquer. To take care of it, dust frequently, make sure the furniture is clean before applying quality paste wax. In the market, there are all kinds of products for furniture maintenance, here's some notes on polishing products:
- Cleaning polish agent: make sure it does not contain silicon. Silicon can damage the lacquers and make future refinishing difficult.
- Polishes: Lemon oil or oil-based polish should be avoided because they attract dust and grit, and cause a hazzy film on the finish.
- Use clean soft, dry, micro-fiber cloth
Apply thin film of wax onto the surface, working on small area at one time. Always rub in the same direction as the wood grain. And finally buff with a soft, dry cloth.
- Any spills should be 'blotted' immediately, rather than wiped.
- Wood is a natural product. Sun bleaching will occur when wood furniture is exposed to sunlight.
- Articles such as bookends, flowerpots and hot cups should have a piece of cloth or felt pads under them.
- When moving object, always lift it instead of gliding it on the surface.
- When complete overall cleaning is required, it is recommended that only a professional cleaner do it.
On my last note, take good care of your fine furniture to preserve the life of the piece...
Baker's Block Dining Table by Thomas Pheasant
Baker's Scroll Cocktail Table by Thomas Pheasant
Baker's Cascade Nest of Tables by Thomas Pheasant
Baker's Bentley Console by Thomas Pheasant
Baker's Bevel Tall Bar Cabinet by Thomas Pheasant
29 January 2013
Many of us have leather furniture at home, but few will know how to take care of it. In this period of festive season and spring cleaning, I bet many have queries on how to take care of their leather furniture.
Leather is a natural product. Fine deviations in colour are not a material fault but a further sign of its naturalness. Depending on the type of leather, the surface is refined with pigmented colours and to take care of it, here's some tips:
1. Do not expose Aniline leather to bright light and direct sunlight as this type of leather is more sensitive to light.
2. Vacuum crumbs and sand with the blunt nozzle of your vacuum cleaner.
3. Dust your furniture regularly with a soft cloth or a leather-care glove. Clean your furniture two or three times a year with a slightly damp leather-care glove, without rubbing.
4. Never use stain remover, shoe polish, solvents, floor polish, cosmetics or any other unsuitable products on your beloved leather furniture.
5. Clean your furniture at least once a year with a special leather cleaning product in slightly circular movements. Clean more frequently if you have pale leather furniture or for reasons of hygiene (e.g. pets).
We recommend 2 products:
- Poltrona Frau leather care kit - Elisir di Lunga Vita Premium
A cleaning system perfected for true leather enthusiasts.
- Walter Knoll pure white leather soap flakes
The foam gets right into the pores, loosening and removing dirt. It also has a strong moisturising effect, thus preserving and protecting the leather.
When in doubt, consult a leather cleaning specialist.
|Tags: Barbara Barry|
|24 Oct 2011
The visionary words of designer Barbara Barry:
Call me a dreamer, but I would like to believe that over the next 25 years we will all continue to grow as human beings and come to a place of understanding that our choices affect everyone. Perhaps we'll reach a collective understanding that the world is a fragile place and that it takes a higher level of care than we currently give it.
I see us moving beyond the mere material and toward the restorative, a move that brings us to a way of living that is not all about "stuff" or "style" but about shelter and nurture.
I have a great hope that there will be better low-income housing, so that everyone — those with little and those with much — can come home to calm, nurturing, restorative havens. Why should only the wealthy get the opportunity to have what all of us need?
I imagine the collective consciousness being raised aesthetically, so that we begin building homes with materials that last: stone basements and walls, solid wood floors — materials that endure beyond us.
And finally, I envision more people experiencing the feeling of how something done well feeds our soul. That, in turn, brings us to the realization that we need less. And that leads to an appreciation of the beauty in simple things — things that exist freely in our world like lemons growing on a tree, air that is fresh and the color of the sky.
|It`s a sellout!|
|Tags: Sale, Clearance, Warehouse|
|18 July 2011
On the 16th and 17th July, the warehouse clearance sale was a sellout! Many items went on a discount of at least 50% and some were even selling below cost!
We thank everyone for coming down to our warehouse sale. Thank you for all the support!
|Inside Poltrona Frau|
|Tags: Poltrona Frau, Craftmanship|
|16 May 2011
Italian craftsmanship, by hand and by the soul of producing quality furniture.
|It’s Fashion Season|
|Tags: ION Orchard|
|28 March 2011
Proof Living has been spotted in the recent ION Orchard Fashion Season campaign.
Below is the wonderful photography by Chuando & Frey
Click to view larger image
The Proof Living products featured in this ad campaign are:
Barbara Barry - Reverie Sofa
Barbara Barry - Silver Screen
Proof Living Accessory Collections - Brass Globe
Proof Living Accessory Collections - Cowhide Carpet & Wooden Ladder
<Images not available>
This month at ION Orchard, a season of Fashion Delights unfolds:
An Exhibition by Harper's BAZAAR
2 to 24 April, ION Art Gallery: THIS IS 'REAL' A Wing Shya Retrospective
Take yourself on a journey of love and lust, joy and loss and isolation and togetherness
through the photographs of renowned photographer Wing Shya. Wing has contributed to
acclaimed publications including French Vogue and 32c and fashion labels
such as Louis Vuitton and A Bathing Ape.
8 April, ION: Orchard Road Longest Catwalk
Feast your eyes on the latest Spring collection at this outdoor fashion parade.
20 April, ION: Audi Fashion Festival (AFF) Casting Party
25 March to 4 May, L1 and B2: Fashion Installations by Harper's BAZAAR
For more information about ION Orchard Fashion Season, click here.
|Roaring Good Times|
|Tags: Store muse|
8 Feb 2011
ION welcomes the Lunar New Year with a roaring ensemble of Lion Dance. Here are some candid moments.
View more photos at our Facebook
|‘Hop’ into the Lunar New Year!|
2 Feb 2011
From all of us at Proof Living, we would like to wish everyone a bountiful lunar new year!
Gong Xi Fa Cai!
|Happy New Year everyone!|
|Tags: New Year|
1 Jan 2011
It is the start of the new year and I wish everyone here to have a fulfilling and fruitful year ahead. 2010 has been a roller coaster ride for Proof Living. First, we open our doors at the iconic ION orchard and then we welcome the newest addition to our family, the Zanotta brand. The year ended elegantly with Barbara Barry’s visit to Proof Living. I must say, 2010 couldn’t have been better if we don’t have you to celebrate with us.
|Barbara Barry HEARTS Peranakan|
|Tags: Barbara Barry, Peranakan, Culture|
26 Nov 2010
|Home||Older Posts »|